The milestones in the history of journal are as follows:
- 1950 – founding of journal with the title Geologický zborník
- 1965 – the title Geologica Carpathica was added to the journal title and its languages were English, German and Russian
- 1991 – journal starts as the Geologica Carpathica in a new larger format and articles published in English only
- 1996 – journal is indexed in the Current Contents and in the Web of Science
- 2001 – the journal starts online publishing (and continues in the printed form) and is fully open-access; establishing of Geologica Carpathica as the CBGA medium, involving of Czech and Polish co-editors
- 2014 – electronic editorial system.